HOW TO: Prep Your Home For The Spring Market
Spring is finally here and I for one couldn’t be happier about it! As a Real Estate Agent, I put together a list of tips that many of my clients have found useful for homeowners that are considering putting their home on the market this Spring:
- Declutter– This is probably the most important tip on the list. This creates more visual space for potential buyers and also gives you a head start on packing. This includes eliminating extra furniture in rooms that feel overcrowded, organizing drawers and closets (buyers will open EVERYTHING), and clearing off kitchen & bathroom countertops.
- Clean, Clean, Clean!– Always make sure your home is clean before showings. This includes not cooking heavy foods that may turn off potential buyers. Who doesn’t love the smell of a clean home?
- Remove Personal Items– Potential buyers want to be able to picture themselves in the house. By removing family photos, sports memorabilia, and graphic art, it will allow potential buyers to picture their belongings in the home. It also gives your family an extra level of safety by removing as much personal information as possible.
- Paint– A fresh coat of paint in a neutral color always makes an excellent return on your investment. This is one of the most cost-effective improvements that a homeowner can make.
- Landscaping– Freshly trim shrubs and plant a few colorful flowers for extra curb appeal. Since the front of the house is often what many buyers see first, you want to be sure that the curb appeal on your home is flawless. This also includes things such as power washing your deck.
- Maintenance– Fix all items that need repair. This includes servicing HVAC systems, changing air filters, replacing light bulbs, and fixing that leaky faucet. Don’t give buyers a reason not to purchase your home!
- Consult with a Professional Stager– Having your home staged to look appealing to buyers can absolutely make a difference, especially if your home is vacant.
If you are interested in a personalized plan to prep your home for the Spring Market, I would be happy to help! Give me a call at 307-259-5865.
Thanks! Your inquiry was sent successfully.